Frequently Asked Questions

Continuing Education

What are the continuing education requirements for Washington social workers?

If you are licensed in Washington, the Department of Heatlh requires continuing education for social workers. A complete list of continuing education requirements for LSWAIC, LSWAA, LASW, and LICSW licensees is listed here:

NASW-WA offers workshops that meet Washington's requirements for social workers. For a list of upcoming workshops (virtual and in-person), visit:

For on-demand continuing education workshops, visit our NASW's Social Work Online CE Institute at:

Can CE presenters get credit for a course they present multiple times (quarterly, monthly, etc)?"

No, a CE presenter can only get credit for a particular workshop once.

That would fall under sub section 5 in the continuing education rule:

Other learning experience, such as serving on a panel, board or council, community service, research, peer consultation, or publishing articles for professional publications are acceptable but are limited to six hours per reporting period.

Can NASW-WA approve our continuing education workshop for ce credit?

Yes. The Washington Chapter can approve continuing education in Washington. For more information and pricing, go to:

For information about our national Continuing Education Approval, visit:

WAC 246-809-620 outlines that recognized organizations or institutions include, but aren't limited to, the National Association of Social Workers and the Washington Chapter.